Presentation of the different bindings
The ideal snowshoe is the one that suits you best, the one that meets your expectations and your needs. To find it, it is essential to look at the choice of binding.
Indeed, the choice of binding is just as important as the choice of frame.
The binding will merge with your foot and allow you to achieve maximum comfort when walking.
To help you choose the perfect binding, let's take a look at the 4 essential criteria to take into account:
- Front adjustment
- Ankle adjustment
- Length adjustment
- Heel Lift
Each binding has one of three front adjustment systems:
- BOA® ADJUSTMENT: Among the front adjustment systems, we find the BOA® Fit System. This system is present on INSTINCT, ADJUST, ORIGINAL 2, UP & DOWN FIT GRIP and INITIAL bindings. Thanks to a better connection between the binding and the foot, it offers a quick, easy and precise fit. This technology is suitable for hikers who are looking for technicality!
- MEMORY LOCK SYSTEM: More traditional but just as practical, the Memory lock system ensures efficient and rapid tightening thanks to its buckle system. It applies exclusively to ELITE and UP & DOWN GRIP bindings.
- STRAP TIGHTENING: The ACCESS, ELEVATION and CAMO bindings have a classic strap tightening system which you simply pull to tighten the front of the foot.
If the binding is the central element of the snowshoe, the ankle support is the fundamental parameter that brings stability, comfort, and above all, safety during when snowshoeing.
Each binding has one of 3 ankle tightening combinations:
- PERIMETRIC TIGHTENING: A new unique fastening system patented by TSL. The INSTINCT binding combines simplicity, lightness, precision and comfort. Thanks to its perimeter tightening, the shoe is tightly bound to the binding, allowing complete and quick support of the foot. This binding is best suited to expert hikers looking for comfort! You can find this system on our 2 INSTINCT snowshoes: Symbioz Hyperflex INSTINCT and Highlander INSTINCT.
- TEXTILE STRAP: The ADJUST and ELITE bindings have a "textile strap". This is for people who are looking for comfort when tightening the ankle strap.
- BI-MATERIAL STRAP: For people who want a binding with a more solid and therefore more durable ankle tightening, the "bi-material strap" is perfect for you! It is available on ACCESS, PHOENIX, ORIGINAL 2, INITIAL, ELEVATION, UP & DOWN GRIP and UP & DOWN FIT GRIP.
Of these three tightening systems: all bindings have ankle pre-adjustment and a rachet strap tightening system except the new generation of INSTINCT bindings.
There are 2 groups of bindings:
- TELESCOPIC BINDINGS: The telescopic binding has a heel lift connected to the heel, whereas the plate binding heel lift is connected to the frame. In addition, the telescopic binding is flexible when the foot is placed on the heel lift, allowing the foot to move more easily when walking. These are: INSTINCT, PHOENIX, ADJUST, ELITE, ORIGINAL 2, ACCESS.
- PLATE BINDINGS: The plate binding is more rigid and is found on the following bindings: UP & DOWN GRIP, UP & DOWN FIT GRIP, INITIAL, ELEVATION and CAMO.
All bindings have a memory for length adjustment via a locking device.
There are 3 groups of bindings that have their own specificity:
- HEEL LIFT INTEGRATED TO THE BINDING: The heel lift is connected to the heel piece for telescopic bindings. Thanks to its notch, it can be activated by pressing with your pole!
- HEEL LIFT MOUNTED ON THE FRAME: ELEVATION, INITIAL and CAMO bindings have a regular heel lift system. This means that the heel lift is placed directly on the frame.
- UP & DOWN SYSTEM: The UP & DOWN GRIP and UP & DOWN FIT GRIP bindings have the particularity of having a heel lift when going up but also when going down! The heel lift can be positioned to allow the binding to pass through the frame and plant itself directly in the snow, allowing for incredible grip when descending.
You're ready to find the binding that suits you best.